Thank you for your interest in joining us at Treak Community Centre. Here are some key facts about volunteering with us and a link to our application form.
What’s included in the cost:
- Application process:
- Reviewing your application form, interests and availability
- Sending you a detailed description of the of the placement for your acceptance/rejection
- Confirming your placement
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Single room with fan and own bathroom in a local guesthouse (aircon is available at an extra cost)
- Free bike during your stay ($50 deposit required, which is refunded on returning the bike and lock)
- Local SIM card
- Collection from the airport if you arrive in Siem Reap by plane
- A familiarisation tour of the town
- Information on the following topics: health/hygiene/drinking water/food; safety and local security issues; money; communication; emergency contact; extending visas; social events
- An introduction to the project team and accompanying you to the project on the first day
- A one day workshop covering an introduction to Cambodia and child protection issues (these happen every 2 weeks so may not be available during a short placement)
- Regular meetings at Treak to review your volunteering placement
- 24 hour in country support
- Volunteer coordinator on call 24/7
- Lunch and dinner
- Travel insurance
Costs to join us:
- 1 week US$400
- 2 weeks US$560
- 3 weeks US$720
- 4 weeks US$870
- 5 weeks US$945
- 6 weeks US$1,025
- 7 weeks US$1,105
- 8 weeks US$1,185
- Please ask if you would like to volunteer for more than 8 weeks
Are you wishing to volunteer as a group (8+ persons)? In this case please contact us directly so we can discuss the details of your group visit.
Through the ongoing commitment of our volunteers we are able to cover the running costs of our centre and school, including the wages of our teachers and staff, rent, electricity bills, school supplies, food and uniforms for the nursery children, and run our community support programme.
As we don’t receive financial support from the Cambodian government our work is completely funded by volunteer contributions and donations. 100% of contributions and donations go directly to cover our running costs at Treak.
Our volunteers stay at local guesthouses in the town and rooms come with bathroom and fan (air conditioning is available at an extra cost). A hearty breakfast is included and the guesthouses also serve food throughout the day.
Please download, fill in and email the following application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then get back to you via e-mail as soon as possible to discuss further details.
Are you wishing to volunteer as a group? In this case please contact us directly so we can discuss the details of your group visit.
Go to the “Contact us” page to view contact options